Moderated by Debra Cupitt, and featuring the following guests speakers:
- Peter Buckmaster, Director of Digital Experience Design, NSW Department of Education
- Adam Corcoran, Lead Design Strategist, Portable
The onset of COVID-19 has meant that a completely new way of thinking is required for many of us working in the education sector. The change extends far beyond the notion of remote learning. Old ideas and technologies, once dismissed as too difficult to implement or impractical, are being put on the desks of senior bureaucrats and politicians as solutions to current and impending problems. The position that change is “too hard” or that new ideas are “too early” may be one that many leaders in our sector find hard to support in the future, in light of what is currently taking place around the world.
In this one hour long webinar, we invite three different perspectives across the sector to imagine what education and learning will look like after the crisis.
What we'll cover
In this webinar we will cover:
How is the education sector currently responding and what challenges do we expect to see in the coming weeks and months?
- What will be the lasting impact that the current crisis will have on decision making in the education sector, education departments and policy makers?
- What will schools and learning communities may look like five years from now?
- What does this mean for the future “access to education” mandate for Australia? Does internet accessibility, laptops, and education software become part of a student’s toolkit by default? Is this a space where the shift was already happening, coronavirus accelerates it, and it’s here to stay?
- How can design and technology play a part in better preparing students and teachers for settings similar to what we are experiencing now?
Who's it for
Are you a decision maker influencing what education looks like during the COVID-19 pandemic?
Are you an educator trying to balance a newly increased importance placed on technology in education with good pedagogical practice?
Are you an educational software provider exploring how to meet the needs of users more diverse and demanding than you ever expected?
Are you a citizen interested in thinking about how the pressures to adapt education systems for the COVID-19 crisis could be leveraged for lasting positive change?
If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above, then you should tune in.
Thursday 23rd April, 1pm - 2pm AEDT
A link to join the webinar will be provided to registered participants via email.
After the 50 minute presentation, attendees will be invited to stay for a Q&A session with the panelists for up to 10 mins, and a recording of the webinar will be distributed to all registered participants in the days after the event.
What if I can't make it?
You're in luck. This webinar will be recorded and published as a video on the Portable website at a later date.
If you cannot make Wednesday's event but would like to know when this video goes live you can register for the 'Send me the video' option in the registration section.