Portable is growing and we are looking for Expressions of Interest to join our awesome Production team in 2022.
Here’s some information about Portable
We are a design and technology company that cares about people and the world. We seek out areas of social need and policy failure and make transformational change using design and technology. Our clients and partners are as passionate as we are and are working in government agencies and nonprofit organisations. Our job is to help them define, design and deliver new products, services and ways of working.
There are currently 70+ of us working as researchers, strategists, designers, developers, producers and visionaries towards our mission from our office in Collingwood and working remotely from home.
We are alway interested in hearing from experienced leaders to lead a team of producers in delivering technical, design and research projects, as well as support the strategy and management of internal and client digital products and contribute to ongoing enhancements of our Production discipline.
Our Production Team
Is made up of experienced leaders that support the execution of large projects across digital and design. Our Lead Producers work closely as a group with the Head of Production to guide and support the digital production team in the delivery of high quality outcomes to time and budget, using best practice methods. Our Leads also actively drive the development of the Production discipline and the skills of the producers within it.
We hire experienced leaders with a positive, collaborative and forward-thinking approach. Our Production team is made up of Discipline Head, Leads, Senior and Mid producers, where Leads will help to drive their team's professional growth and delivery of quality outcomes in alignment with the vision for the Production team and the wider company’s strategic priorities.
And then there’s you
You’re an authority in digital product and project delivery and are eager to use your experience to support a talented team and a business in delivering high-quality, impact-driven digital and design projects. You know digital delivery inside and out, and are equally comfortable overseeing from a distance or diving into the detail of projects.
Whether you’re from ‘agency side’ or ‘client side’, fast-moving and dynamic environments are your thing, and you love contributing to ongoing improvements and sharing knowledge with your direct team and the broader business. You can balance the strategic and the operational, and represent the needs of your team and discipline as well as the wider organisation.
Most importantly, you’re an experienced leader who cares deeply about the engagement, performance and growth of your teams, and others around you.
Key outcomes of your role:
As a Lead Digital Producer, you will be expected to deliver the following outcomes:
- You and the people you lead are delivering high quality work on time and on budget
- Quality contribution to the development of the organisational and discipline’s strategy, and ownership of the execution of an agreed number of initiatives
- You and the people you lead are engaged, growing and performing
- You and the people you lead have the capability and tools to deliver on their projects
- The practice in your discipline is regularly improved through the contribution of new or improved tools, processes, methodologies and approaches
- You and the people you lead are engaged in and contributing to Portable as a business
A day and a life of a Producer, what can you expect?
- Met with our Business Development team on an upcoming mental health project so you could support with early client engagement and prepare to brief in one of your producers to manage the project
- Collaborated with the other Lead Producers refining and defining how Portable delivers agile projects and ran a session with the wider Production team to share the approach