About the role
We're looking for curious and creative Experience Designers to work on impact led digital product and visual design projects. People with 5 years of experience in UX and UI design who can operate fairly independently from briefing to delivery. You'll work with our team of producers, researchers, strategists and technologists across all stages of the design process to bring experience-led products, services and communications to life.
Skills and requirements
- An ability to understand, interpret and communicate the requirements of complex and sometimes ambiguous briefs
- An ability to rapidly generate and iterate on ideas that solve a particular design challenge
- An ability to create UX prototypes and artefacts that solve user needs
- Strong visual design and high-fidelity UI design using Figma
- An ability to understand your audience and communicate compelling stories about your work
- An ability to design flexible, modular, robust and usable design systems
- An ability to design with the constraints and considerations of technology, and collaborate with developers who will build your designs
- An ability to document your designs for technical delivery, including development annotations and writing clear acceptance criteria
- An understanding of best practice inclusive and accessible design
We encourage applications from Indigenous Australians, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people living with disability, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex LGBTI people.
Here at Portable we care about people and the world. We seek out areas of social need and policy failure and use our expertise in research, design and technology to make a positive impact for our community. Our clients are as passionate as we are and are working in government agencies and nonprofit organisations. Our job is to help them define, design and deliver new products, services and ways of working.
In the design team, we have Design Strategists who lead us through the problem space via in-depth research activities and towards a clear understanding of the needs of the people we are designing for and with. We have Experience Designers who translate the needs of people into meaningful and useable products and services through ideation, testing and iteration before working with the development team for building and launching these products and services.
There are currently 45 of us working as researchers, designers, developers and visionaries towards our mission from our office in Collingwood.
- We're interested in forming long-lasting relationships with people who are contracting
- You'll be working in one of our multidisciplinary project teams, which means
- you'll have a team of talented and caring people to support you throughout your contract
- We have a creative, open workplace culture that asks for everyone’s input and is constantly welcoming new ideas
- We work on projects that solve real problems for real people
- Flexible working arrangements, completely set up for remote work