Senior Digital Producer (Product)
Here at Portable...
We are a design and technology company that cares about people and the world. We seek out areas of social need and policy failure and make transformational change using design and technology. Our clients and partners are as passionate as we are and are working in government agencies and nonprofit organisations. Our job is to help them define, design and deliver new products, services and ways of working.
There are currently 50+ of us working as researchers, strategists, designers, developers, producers and visionaries towards our mission from our office in Collingwood and working remotely from home.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Digital Producer to run the delivery of technical projects for one of our largest, ongoing accounts. The role will primarily focus on delivery of ongoing features and enhancements to a single product, but will also pick up additional projects for the client’s other platforms as they arise.
Then there's you...
You’re an organisational superstar who runs a tight ship and thrives on efficiency. With a product mindset, you get satisfaction from the long game – knowing things inside-out, evolving a product, and building strong internal and external relationships to get there. You’re technically minded but know where your knowledge stops and others need to take over. You are a keen collaborator but take ownership of your outcomes, and do what it takes to meet the highest quality standards – both the client’s and your own. With one eye on quality and timelines, the other is on the bottom line and you’re able to bring things home to budget every time.
You could be one if...
You’ve worked in a similar role, in a similar sized agency (we are 50+ staff) or product company. You understand the language and culture of technical delivery and the processes and tools involved. You have deep experience running sprint-based projects – from understanding requirements, coordinating scoping and writing the occasional user story, to managing Jira boards, performing quality assurance testing, facilitating user acceptance testing and taking the work all the way to a successful deployment. You’re also adept at managing and growing client and stakeholder relationships.
If you were here this week, you would have:
- Tested the latest sprint and co-ordinated any fixes with the developers, before handing the sprint over to the client for UAT
- Assisted with the production deployment of a sprint; tested the features which went live, communicated with the client to perform their testing, then confirmed sign off from the client
- Shifted the timeline based on a new request and worked with the client to define and set expectations on priority and deadlines
- Prepared for and facilitated the weekly client meeting where you discuss current sprint progress, upcoming sprint features and new requirements which need to be scoped
- Updated some user stories after the functionality of a feature currently in development was changed unexpectedly
- Worked with our Business Development team to draft a proposal with a recommendation for your client
- Attended the weekly resourcing meeting contributing to ensuring your projects have the people they need to succeed
- Set up an internal meeting to problem solve a risk on your client or project and involve stakeholders in the decision
- Learned about a new tool we are implementing at our weekly production team meeting
In this role, you’ll work to deliver upon the following key outcomes:
- Consistent, independent, timely and on-budget delivery of high quality work
- Risks and issues are identified in timely manner and brought to relevant parties, and the problems are solved in collaboration with the team
- Strong client relationships are built and maintained to ensure full confidence in Portable’s approach
- Where relevant, significant contribution to tenders, marketing material and business operations (e.g. recruitment) has been made
- Knowledge has been shared and applied in order to improve the Production discipline, and to help colleagues learn and develop
Qualities of an ideal candidate:
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role
- An in-depth knowledge of digital and agency project production, including a broad knowledge of agile and waterfall methodologies
- Experience working in a similar ‘agency side’ environment with a range of client types and project sizes
- A vision of the world that aligns with our own, with experience and evidence of this in action
The salary range for this role is between $100,000 - $115,000 per annum plus super, depending on your level of experience. We are committed to building a diverse and equal team and people from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
To be considered, please send us your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions:
- Describe a technical problem you’ve solved on a project. What was it and how did you go about solving it?
- Tell us about a difficult client conversation or conflict you’ve mediated and resolved. What was it? Who was involved? How did you facilitate the conversation and resolution?
- Tell us about a time you improve the efficiency of a process or way of working.