We are looking for the next intern to join our internship program.
At Portable, we work on products that are reimagining the way in which people experience government, business and the internet in general.
We are seeking an extremely talented and organised person to join our internship program, commencing in mid-May 2017. This is a part-time paid internship, five days per week, five hours per day and up to six months in length.
The ideal candidate will have excellent writing and research skills, communication skills and experience with delivering high quality work in whatever field they come from. We like people who can prove that they can excel at any task thrown to them so we don’t mind if your background is in design, law, healthcare, media, product design, justice, education, science or technology.
As long as you’re a high achiever who knows how to dot the i’s and cross the t’s, then we will provide you with the best possible work environment to advance your skills and career.
Reporting directly to the company’s senior leadership, the internship involves coordinating daily activities within our Collingwood-based office, such as production coordination, research, event coordination, digital production, marketing and design.
You will learn:
- The inside-outs of a digital business
- Design Thinking practice, human-centred design and user research
- Brand, strategy and business operations
Throughout the internship, you will get exposure to all areas of the business. The ideal candidate as such will have:
- either completed a degree or nearing completion
- already demonstrated internship experience elsewhere
- some examples of work that you’ve done in the past of a high standard
- a passion to launch into new projects.
How to apply
To be considered, please send us:
- A message outlining why you’d like to join Portable and how you’d fit the role and the culture (Note that this part is crucial. We won’t review your application without this)
- A resume
Please submit your application to us here.
Should you have additional questions regarding the role, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject ‘Internship position.’